[wp-forums] spam for dodgy themes with encryped stuff

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Sat Jan 15 23:21:35 UTC 2011

on 15/01/2011 23:04 Michael Atkins said the following:
> The user http://wordpress.org/support/profile/shah-network has
> started a few threads directing people to his site which offers
> WordPress themes with encrypted stuff. I downloaded one of his themes
> to take a look&  as I suspected, I found encrypted junk in the
> functions.php and advertising links in the footer.php.
>
> I suspect that rather than genuinely seeking advice, he is spamming
> the WordPress.org forum to get people to download his themes.

After seeing your warning followup to one of his My WordPress posts, I
went back through his post history, deleted 2 more posts where he was
promoting his site, removed any links to his site from his other posts &
profile and bozo'd him.

I think we've got him contained now. :-)

Thanks for the heads up.

Mel / esmi