[wp-forums] keeping an eye on this guy

Rich Pedley elfin at elfden.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 19:00:23 UTC 2010

On 03/09/2010 19:51, Mr mist wrote:
> In message<52F684BF-C17A-4C6F-AAF0-0205E6D332D3 at gmail.com>, Michael B
> <miklb.online at gmail.com>  writes
>> Just curious, is this discussion going down a road of deciding that
>> only free, /extend plugins can be linked to from the forums?
>>

> I think that would always be a preference from a starting point of a
> free project.  Of course there's probably cases where the commercial
> plugin is the right answer, but surely they are the minority?
>
> What I was more getting at though is the sort of posts where people just
> stick a link in, with nothing else.  That's essentially just spam posing
> as an answer, and oftentimes the plugins have nothing to do with the
> question, even.

my take on this is that linking to a paid for solution is ok,
providing that a de rider is added:
xxx plugin is a premium plugin and there may be other free plugins
that do the same thing out there, somewhere.

Only better worded of course.

In the few instances I've linked to a paid for solution, I tend to add
something similar, even if it's - I don't know of a free version etc

Rich