[wp-forums] "Top Ten" question

Petit petit at petitpub.com
Mon Mar 12 14:59:02 GMT 2007

Shelly wrote:
> This one is on "how to create your own theme".
>
> So I was hoping to gain your all's input on ... the top most-asked
> questions for WP theme customization?
>
> This presentation will *NOT* tackle "how to edit Kubrick".  It's how
> to do your own theme from scratch.
>   I don't plan to cover how to create a site design - because that's
> not what it's about.
You'll probably have to talk about XHTML briefly - what is it?
You'll certainly have to say something about CSS and columns, and how to
get them to stay where you want them. ( In all browsers )
Even if this might be regarded as design, it is design without which you
don't have a blog at all.
> But I wondered if anyone would have any input on what the top issues
> would be - like navigation (I plan to cover that).
Then for navigation ( and all over structure ):
How can you have a special introductory first page - no posts.
How do you present links to some Page pages but not all as tabs ( or menu )
How do you list categories in another order than the default. ( sidebar )
How do you list only main categories ( avoiding sub dittos )
How do you have a certain post 'stick' on the top of the page ( main,
category )

Well, no news I guess, just some things from the top of my head.