[wp-forums] Pasting Code

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Sat Sep 9 09:12:41 GMT 2006

Errrr?

The instructions (which work) are to use the backticks, with no mention of
<code> tags.

I'm an IT Pro of more years experience than I care to think of, but before I
joined the WP Forum, I had never heard of that obscure character being (i)
used or (ii) called a "backtick". The functionality is poor for everyone.
Line breaks? Better not include them, as that causes breakage.

It would be much easier if the forum could interpret something akin to
BBCode (which is widely understood by lots of people, including newcomers)
so that code wrapped in something like [code] would be rendered as text and
not parsed.

This ties in with the earlier discussion of changing the forums to make them
more usable. Some of the changes we need are simple matters of page layout.
Others, like this suggest that some coding work needs to be done.

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Losing it[1] - http://lcb.me.uk/