[wp-forums] Doing it for free. - the people(2)

TechGnome tg at tannagh.com
Wed May 10 12:38:20 GMT 2006

I just kinda assumed it would work like this:
User hits site and enters info. Pin is generated and shown to the user.
The install request goes into the queue.
When an installer has time, they login to the site, and look to see
what's next in the queue.
They assign the next 1 (or two or three if they have time) to themselves
and send a message to the user, giving an intro, including the pin, and
asking for any further details if needed. The user should then respond
with some kind of OK, that the installer has permissions to login to
their site.
The installer dials in as needed and performs necessary work.
Once done, the installer emails the user with all the applicable info
(admin login and all that). The installer then goes back to the install
site, and marks that ticket as closed.
Repeat with next request.

Or do I have the wrong impression?
-tg