[wp-forums] Installing for free

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 10:20:31 GMT 2006

On Fri, July 14, 2006 12:26 am, Podz wrote:
> If someone would be so kind as to go through every single email to this
> list of 75 subscribers and find where what was said, discussed and then
> agreed has somehow been changed with what was finally presented that
> would be really cool.
> It will be a complete waste of time however because the product had not
> a single surprise. Everything in it was agreed and everything in it was
> open to scrutiny and has been for some time.
>
> If there is a failing anywhere it is with those who have chosen to
> watch, wait and then have a go.
>
> 75 subscribers. So that's over 60 lurkers by my count.
> 60 who could have chipped in and helped.
> 60 who chose to remain silent.
>
> _My_ frustration comes from that above. Knowing that some have waited,
> watched and are now bitching in their blogs. This is not directed at
> anyone on this list who has contributed but it IS directed at those who
> sit and say "I'd have done it different".
> You had your chance didn't you?
>
> But hey, this is Open Source....

/me stops lurking

>From my point of view the work Podz and the other people no this list have
done in organising planning and setting up this install service is
wonderful.

I read this list because I am interested - I didn't involve myself in the
discussion when this came up because:

1) It looked like a very good idea!
2) I don't (unfortunately) have the time to volunteer and take part.
3) I felt the people involved were quite capable of getting on an
organising themselves.

As others have said Podz is one of those people who makes the support
forums  and WordPress as good as they are.

All of you please keep up the good work!

westi
--
Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk>
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk