[wp-forums] Installing for free

Moshu moshu at transycan.net
Thu Jul 13 19:14:32 GMT 2006

Up till a certain point this process has been very open and
transparent.
Maybe after the "nomination" for the 3-member committee has been
closed we should have given some feedback what happened.

For personal reasons I have been quiet in this thread, however I was
honoured to be nominated in the committee that was meant to approach
and invite a few trustworthy helpers to be part of this project as
"free installers".

Anyway, what happened: Podz, Vkaryl and I exchanged messages - outside
of the list - about who we thought would be a good candidate for
installer, and after unanimous agreement P. contacted the persons and
most of them said yes, AFAIK.
Of course, the list is open, if the demand will increase we will
invite more people.
Being on that list of ours doesn't mean we/they are the best or the
most knowledgeable or whatever. We just used common sense and their
track record of being helpful, experienced and devoted to the
community and WP.

Keeping them "anonymous" came mainly from the fear they will be
"bugged" in private. Maybe it was a mistake. I don't know...

The feedback in the forum was controversial, for sure - but some posts
made very valid points. Here, on the list, we got even more valuable
feedback, so probably we should step back (as it was suggested) and
re-think it.

I can understand anybody's frustration: we all get upset when our "pet
project" or "great idea" is not received as the best one...

So, what next?

moshu