[wp-forums] Installing for free

Christopher J. Hradil chradil at comcast.net
Thu Jul 13 19:29:42 GMT 2006

Personally, I had seen the couple of mailing list discussions of the concept
back in april or whenever, but hadn't really heard or thought much about the
whole thing since. As I mentioned in my previous emails to the list, I would
consider the following steps to the be the most appropriate course of action
given the feedback/input and overall reactions so far:

1) Enhance the install4free web content in order to deliver a crisp plan and
message as stated in last email.
2) nuke the current forum thread.
3) Once 1 & 2 are done, create a forum (sticky ?) post under WP--> Support
--> Installation which delivers the same message as the web content. Close
that thread immediately to posting in order to avoid the nonsense in the
current post.

#3 is important for a couple of reasons - most importantly it further
clarifies and adds credibility to the install4free project.

As the web content for the project is developed (which can either take place
using the mailing list or via private emails between those working on it),
make sure to include at the very least something like the top two or three
"project leaders" contact information (which in my opinion really only has
to include a brief bio, email address, and link to the person's WP profile,
it's then up to the individual as to what information they want to provide
in their own profiles.

...chris

Christopher J. Hradil
chradil at comcast.net