[wp-forums] Doing it for free.

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Wed Apr 19 18:21:03 GMT 2006

Handy wrote:
> Y'all have the talent in this list that quite a few of "us" could quickly
> cobble together a little registration app where folks could sign up for the
> service and perhaps even see where they're at in the queue.  Approved
> installers could then drop by and just claim the next one in the queue and
> initiate the conversation.

I like the idea, though perhaps not as much in implementation. But I
do find a generalized, viewable queue something we can use no matter
what we do. Keep the installers out of the loop until the actual work.
Harassment is at a minimum (or rather centralized where a few willing
folk can handle things).

> Err, sorry.  A developer's first response:  We need a database!  :-p

Hey sometimes it's true!

> Caveat:  For liability concerns, you probably don't want to run the service
> under the WordPress.org umbrella.

This I agree with most. So, one of our current sites or a new domain?
Something Matt wants to step in? :)

-Kaf