[wp-forums] We need to be friendly.

Phu wordswithstyle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 00:49:03 GMT 2006

> "Points are awarded to posters for adding good replies... give new posters
a chance to see who's been there longest posting relavent answers."
I'm not sure if that'll have a beneficial effect on the community. People
help because they enjoy the act of helping rather than point-scoring. I've
seen other community degenerate because certain individuals believe that
being there longer, having more posts, a special title or other such
meaningless stats mean something or substantiates what they do.

I'd hate for the WP community to tread down that path.