[wp-forums] search

Phu wordswithstyle at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 00:10:33 GMT 2005

> "Well, I'd prefer almost any response to being ignored...."
The reason a non-helpful response is worse than no reply is that it removes
it from the no-replies list; people (including myself) also tend to scan for
posts with no response so it makes it less likely to receive a meaningful
response.

>"we probably should come up with a "generic" reply of some sort"
Once again, I'm against generic responses. This will only end up hurting the
volunteer, "anyone will help" feel of the forums. We're not a faceless
company support group; why emulate one?

Phu | http://ifelse.co.uk