[wp-forums] WordPressMU and WordPress.com

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Wed Aug 24 21:01:10 GMT 2005

Lorelle VanFossen wrote:

> I also know that there has been a moratorium on discussions of 1.6 in
> the forum. ......  or all discussions of 1.6
> need to go to MU - but I don't know, I'm only asking.

Pardon the editing - I don't think I have altered meaning.
There is a key difference here which we need to bear in mind:
1.6 is not MU and MU is not 1.6

I still think 1.6 should be treated quietly and cautiously, and that we
should dissuade people from moving to that version.

Arguably, if we create an atmosphere for questions around MU, then we
generate the demand - and the expectation. Can we fulfil either ? (Note:
note should we, but /can/ we ?)

P.