[wp-forums] WordPressMU and WordPress.com

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Wed Aug 24 14:06:15 GMT 2005

Okay, the issue of invites is something left elsewhere - enter your
email at http://www.wordpress.com and you'll be as likely to get one as
the next person.

Back to the issue of support. Personally, having poked around in it,
WordPressMU "IS" WordPress (albeit the upcoming version) and the "users"
won't see the MU issues, they will only be able to do things like select
a new theme, deal with comments, write posts, put images, podcasting,
music, and whatever else people put in their posts...day to day uses of
WordPress. I'm not sure if any MU installs will allow tweaking of Themes
and templates, and certainly not core programming files, but the general
day to day posting stuff will come up.

Personally, I think we need to understand what MU restricts and allows
users to do so we can honestly say "If you are using MU and you want to
do that, you will need to talk to ____fill in the blank_____" or "If
your question is about X, then welcome".

I think the forum volunteer/members need to have an answer from the
experts on which questions get directed to where and which ones can be
handled by the Forum.

I also know that there has been a moratorium on discussions of 1.6 in
the forum. Well, invites are going out everywhere and the users are
going to come to the Forum. I assume that either this policy needs to
change or a new section needs to be started, or all discussions of 1.6
need to go to MU - but I don't know, I'm only asking.

Also, take a look at this editorial. I think there is a lot of truth in
it and it's a good thing:
http://technosight.wordpress.com/2005/08/24/will-the-real-wordpresscom-audience-please-stand-up/

Lorelle