[wp-docs] The main page.

Spencer Hill spencerhill at theportlandco.com
Mon Aug 29 19:49:58 UTC 2011

I see your perspective with developers/non-developers compared to task based, and I think I agree, along with the others, now.

Does anyone have an example of a task based version? Here's a mockup I came up with:
Introduction to WordPress - This could be general information about what WordPress is and who uses it written in such a way that programmers, advanced users and folks who think you can "download the internet" can understand the first time through.
Installing WordPress
Using WordPress - This could be introductions to each section (Dashboard, Posts, etc...) including written step by step instructions with supporting screenshots and training videos.
Developing With WordPress - This could be where programmers and advanced users can come to read about code, server side and other highly technical topics.
FAQ - For the sake of organization and clarity; should we have a single FAQ page that breaks down into sub-FAQ's for each section?
I took screenshots today of each major section in WordPress and uploaded them to the file list for use in the Codex. And I'm working on screen casts as well. Though can anyone tell me how we should be linking users to videos? Just a YouTube embed or should they go into the File List repository?