[wp-docs] The main page.

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Mon Aug 29 20:05:12 UTC 2011

On 29/08/2011 20:49, Spencer Hill wrote:
> I see your perspective with developers/non-developers compared to task
> based, and I think I agree, along with the others, now.
> Does anyone have an example of a task based version? Here's a mockup I
> came up with:

I think a task-based for beginners, editors and administrators is a good
description of scope of the Wordpress manual we are working on here.
http://booki.flossmanuals.net/wordpress/_edit/

Lorelle, ideally the Book Jog content add into the Codex rather than
create more work. I can see that you guys clearly do loads of great
stuff, certainly the idea isn't to try to add more onto your workload.

http://objavi.booki.cc/books/wordpress-en-2011.08.29-19.52.11.pdf
or http://objavi.booki.cc/books/wordpress-en-2011.08.29-20.00.09.odt

Here's today's snapshot. I added a lot of stuff about comments recently.
Up to about 100 pages now.

Table of contents follows.

INTRODUCTION
WordPress
Wordpress for Blogs or Websites?

GETTING STARTED
Installing WordPress
Get a WordPress.com blog
Logging In
Using the Dashboard `

BASIC USE
Adding a Post
Adding images to posts 21
Adding Links 25
Comments 33
Image Galleries 37
Adding Users and User Roles 43

DESIGN
Post versus pages - What's the difference? 46
Using Themes 52
Changing Widgets 53
Using Menus 59
Altering Themes and CSS 65