[wp-docs] theme and plugin compatibility pages

mrmist listswpdocs at mist.org.uk
Thu Jul 9 17:58:35 UTC 2009

In message
<fded39850907090734x404ef98fl803d0e9dccacb189 at mail.gmail.com>, Lorelle
VanFossen <lorellevan at gmail.com> writes
>And thanks for staying on top of this. It's a very important page that people
>link to and refer to from all over the web and it's important that it represent
>us well.

That's the crux of it all really.  IMO when someone comes and plants 15+
links to essentially one site on this page, it makes it look bad.

My problem as someone essentially trying to moderate that is that - on
the face of it - it is 15 separate links to separate themes.

I just baulk at the thought that what is essentially a help site is
being used as link fodder.  Mutliple themes may indeed be hosted on the
target site, but it's against the spirit of the page, I think.  Still,
I'm not prepared to get into "undo battles" over it.

Do we need some kind of guidance on the page itself to cover off, say,
max links per site, or that if you have a site with many themes it
should come under one link?  I think that that should satisfy anyone who
has a legitimate use of the page whilst allowing spam to be pruned
effectively.

--
mrmist