[wp-docs] theme and plugin compatibility pages

Michael E. Hancock justmichaelh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 13:32:03 UTC 2009

From: "mrmist" <listswpdocs at mist.org.uk>

> To me, it would seem that if there's known issues with a theme, maybe that
> section belongs in the codex, but what's the point in the rest? Themes
> that pass the criteria appear in the WordPress Theme browser, I'm not sure
> why there is a codex page for the themes that people are essentially
> making a profit off.
>
> For now I guess I will have to leave these pages and not prune them of
> spam links as I would everywhere else.
>
> Any clarification is appreciated.

That's a hard-one.  And not sure if it's worth the hassle to edit
those...and wonder as you do "what's the point?"

It's real easy to spot these people--zero contributions to Codex, and then
they put their theme (or plugin) not only in the current compatibility list,
but also older compatibility pages.  Generally I revert edits to older
compatibility pages.

Not much of an answer, I know.

Regards.

MichaelH