[wp-docs] Feature requirements for the 'new Codex'

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Feb 27 04:37:37 GMT 2006

Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> Why? Is it just to make it easier to update the theme across
> wordpress.org, or are there other reasons?

* We're working on a wiki plugin anyway
* User system integration across WP.org (one login)
* Performance
* Upgradability (no one has been able to upgrade the current codex)
* Possible new functionality

As has been discussed in several WP meetups, it's going to be up to the
docs group whether to make the change or not. I'm sure lots of people
will find a wiki plugin useful regardless.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com