[wp-docs] Feature requirements for the 'new Codex'

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Mon Feb 27 16:58:01 GMT 2006

From: "Matt Mullenweg" <m at mullenweg.com>
> Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> > Why? Is it just to make it easier to update the theme across
> > wordpress.org, or are there other reasons?
>
> * We're working on a wiki plugin anyway
> * User system integration across WP.org (one login)
> * Performance
> * Upgradability (no one has been able to upgrade the current codex)
> * Possible new functionality
>
> As has been discussed in several WP meetups, it's going to be up to the
> docs group whether to make the change or not. I'm sure lots of people
> will find a wiki plugin useful regardless.

If we have a vote, then I'd say stick with Mediawiki and find out why Codex
can't be upgraded.

So, to put my money where my mouth is, I will pay a bounty of $350.00 US to
the first person who upgrades Codex to MediaWiki 1.5.6 before April 1, 2006!
Two rules:  the dataset you upgrade must be done from the current data and
you must warn this Email list, in advance, you are doing the actual upgrade,
so we can halt any edits of Codex until the upgrade is completed.

[[User:MichaelH]]