[wp-docs] Page naming rules when translating.

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Mon Aug 21 20:27:23 GMT 2006

> > If I have some pages to rename how to proceed ?
> If you are taking an English page and translating to French, it's not
> necessary to rename pages.  Just copy the wiki-text into your new article
> (type the new article name in your brower's address bar, then edit the
> page).

Yes, it is not necessary to create an empty link in order to create a page.
Furthermore, I'd like to add the since translation might take more
than one, err, take, you'd probably be better advised to start it in
your own space. I myself have translated a few pages in French, and
some work in progress is only accessibly from my own page :
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:XiBe
like
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:XiBe/Autoriser_l%27envoi_des_r%C3%A9f%C3%A9rants
(which I should really wrap up).

Once the translation is complete, copy/paste it in the public space.

x.