[wp-docs] Page naming rules when translating.

Jean-Paul OLIVIER Jpaul.Olivier at laposte.net
Tue Aug 22 21:25:27 GMT 2006

Well, first of all thanks for your answers.

Sorry but I still have some questions.

1) About working in my own space :
I am afraid doing it this way, that someone else could do the same
translation on his side in the same time. So one of our works will be
useless.
This is reason why I do it on the online version : doing it this way,
others know that the translation is in progress and also he can help on
the same version of the text.
But if it's a problem to have many changes on an online page I will do
it on my own space. Any solution could be to build a new page with the
link to the one on my own space (so every body is advised taht the
translation is in progress). And update the final page when the
translation is finished. The question is : is it possible, for someone
else, to modify a page stored in my own space ?

2) concerning the name of the pages :
Yes, fr:Utilisation des Themes is, a good exemple (it's me who do  that
draft of translation ;) ). But it is a very good exemple also because
this link appears  in many pages. And I don't know when some of them
will be translated. I imagine that sometime I can found the link 'Using
Themes' and don't remember that it is already translated. Instead of
'Utilisation des thèmes' I may translate it as 'Utiliser les thèmes'. So
there is a risk to have two pages :
fr:Utilisation des Themes
fr:Utiliser les Themes
Whith approximatively the same contain.
And even if I remember that it is already translated I have to remember
the name of the page or look for it to change the link.

This is the resaon why I am thinking about just adding fr: and keep the
same name. For exemple :
[[FR:Using_Themes|Utilisation des thèmes]]
and
[[FR:Using_Themes|Utiliser les thèmes]]
Will match the same page...

So after my short experience I discover those reasons and I think I will
just add FR: in front of the links but for that I need to rename
FR:Utilisation des Themes
as
FR:Using_Themes

So any advice ?

Thanks in advance
PS : Sorry for my poor english (I read technical english but don't write
it very often)