[wp-docs] Version specific banners for Codex

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:20:48 GMT 2005

On 02/09/05, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
> There is a huge stack to do, and when I get time I'll try and put a dent
> in that. There has been a suggestion in the forums that I also produce
> them as CHM files. That's a No. I've nothing against CHM files, but I
> have not got the time to do more and then I would end up with two
> systems to keep up to date, and with people downloading every last KB
> 'just in case'. Even I have to say No at some point. Not that the door
> isn't open to someone else taking that on :)

Couldn't this be automated? It'd be easy to have a script sitting on a
server somewhere that runs as a cronjob, say once every three days or
something. It would grab articles from the codex, compare them against
a local cache and use PHP's PDFlib [1,2] to create the PDFs if they've
changed.

[1]: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdf.php
[2]: http://pecl.php.net/package/pdflib

--