[wp-docs] Version specific banners for Codex

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri Sep 2 09:43:22 GMT 2005

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> This is pretty bad, I would much prefer we don't use these. If we need
> archives of old documentation, we can point to Podz' PDFs.

I know a few aren't bang up to date, but 'old' ? :p

There is a huge stack to do, and when I get time I'll try and put a dent
in that. There has been a suggestion in the forums that I also produce
them as CHM files. That's a No. I've nothing against CHM files, but I
have not got the time to do more and then I would end up with two
systems to keep up to date, and with people downloading every last KB
'just in case'. Even I have to say No at some point. Not that the door
isn't open to someone else taking that on :)

I've had zero feedback (literally) on
http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_PDF so if you do feel like
helping, that would be really really good.

As for adding what's what to PDF's - they are all dated anyway. As the
download page gets updated, the downloads from there will carry the date
of publication. Older PDF's can be archived and linked to again by date.
I don't want to start fiddling with banner, graphics or anything else.

P.