[wp-docs] User accounts

James Huff james at macmerc.com
Tue Mar 15 01:30:53 GMT 2005

My 2 cents:

I don't think Craig is out to be the User Account dictator.  I also
don't think he's out to shit on.  What I do think he's after is deleting
user accounts that haven't been used in 6 months to a year.  Now, I
don't think anyone can justify an account's existence if it has been
inactive for 6 months to a year.  In fact, most free services do
deactivate accounts that have been inactive for 6 months to a year.
And, the Codex is a free service.  Is this necessary for database
maintenance?  Yes.  Why?  Because it removes clutter.  Anything that
removes clutter is necessary for database maintenance.  As a bonus
point, Codex visitors who haven't used their user accounts in 6 months
to a year will probably not notice the fact that their account is gone.

James Huff
james at macmerc.com
MacMerc Contributing Editor
http://www.macmerc.com/