[wp-docs] Validation Error with Plugins Might Need Attention in Codex

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Wed Mar 9 17:33:39 GMT 2005

I have been battling for several days to validate my site - yes, finally to THAT stage - and I kept getting PHPSession errors.  I posted a note on the forums and it took ages to get an answer and I finally did - or at least I think I did.  It is explained at http://blog.crispen.org/archives/2005/03/09/wordpress-validation-error-work-around/ and the discussion is at http://wordpress.org/support/topic.php?id=26631.

Anyway, until there is a way to get this fixed, I think someone should look into it and maybe we should make a note of it on the Plugins page in the Codex and any articles about writing plugins.

I'm not one to jump on a bug and make a case out of it, but we're harping a lot in the Codex and discussions about the contests and themes about validating validating validating, and this error screws that up.  I don't know if this was known and around during 1.2 or the beta testing - I searched everywhere before posting - but I'd like to head off the wrath of the validating masses to either a reference in the codex or...I don't know.  How should this be handled?