[wp-docs] Tags - feedback please ?

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri Jun 10 06:47:50 GMT 2005

Caveat - I just woke up, this will have holes in.

1 - Name Tags
Would it be possible for people to tag posts with their name, but for
only them to see that ?
Would this enable a feed based on their name tag ?
I know this overlaps with the member list, but that records all activity
and they could use the tag to select only those posts they wish to
follow more closely.

2 - I think if all this is a Yes, we could do with a "Tags ?" sticky for
users.

3 - Closing completed. I have pinched this from another forum
"This thread has been Resolved and has been locked to prevent other
users hijacking the thread and to help others know which threads have
been Resolved and which are still being worked on.

If you started this thread and the problem returns or the case has not
been properly Resolved, please send a Private Message to an
Administrator or a Moderator of this forum to have the thread opened
again. If you have a different problem, please start a new thread."

I like that - though the language could do with altering slightly. The
overall message is good.

How about this:
- Mod sees that original issue has been answered
- Mod adjusts tags / title if needed
- Mod adds a "Completed" tag
- Mod closes thread
Over time, a list of "Completed" threads would appear - definitive
answers if you will.
Now ..... remember the old forum where we could see how many 'views' a
thread had had ? That would be useful with these tags as it could
indicate a documentation need ? Yes / No ?
First issue I see with this is that the good answer could be surrounded
by wrong answers so posts would need deleting to create the desired
result. This is interfering with the forum in a basic way which I'm not
entirely comfortable with but if the process was transparent to all it
should be okay.
Second issue is that threads will have to be marked as complete when
feedback from the OP has not replied. What to do then ?

Time for a coffee :)

P.