[wp-docs] Codex Cleanup Week June 18-26

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Thu Jun 9 14:24:29 GMT 2005

Codex Cleanup Week June 18-26
Cleaning Up for the Summer

WE NEED YOU.

You signed up to help expand the documenation that supports WordPress, so
now is the time to call in all favors and set aside time during the week of
June 18-26 to help the WordPress Community clean up and expand the WordPress
Codex.

We've created a huge list of things that need to be done on the
http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Tasks Task list.  There are things to do
for the novice and the expert. We need simple cleaning, editing, tag
checking, example checking, verifying, and new articles.

To sign up: Codex: Cleanup http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Cleanup
List of Things to Do and Sign Up For: Task List
http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Tasks
Guidelines: http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Contributing
Need an Assignment: Leave a Message with Carthik or Lorelle
    http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Lorelle
    http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Carthik

High on the priority is cleaning up copyedit marked articles and the new
FAQs.  With a lot of time and effort, the FAQ from different sites have been
all gathered together in one place and we need to get these checked to make
sure that if the answer applies only to version 1.2 and not 1.5, it says so.
More instructions are listed in the Task List.

If you have not signed up for a task, and you are looking for an assignment,
check with Lorelle or Carthik for your assignment.  We would love to "give
it to you". ;-)  Let us know what you are able to do, expertise-wise, and
we'll find something for you to do.

We're going to make an announcement on the WordPress Forum to recruit more
volunteers, so we still need people who want to take responsibility over
different areas of the Codex to help monitor those activities.

You got involved to give back to WordPress, and now is your chance.

Carthik, Lorelle, and the rest of the WordPress documentation team thanks
you!