[wp-docs] Need serious help with localization articles

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Wed Jun 8 13:53:38 GMT 2005

The WordPress Forums are getting a LOT of non-English speaking folks using
WordPress and having trouble. I'd like to get the jumble of documents
cleaned up on the Codex regarding this issue.

Here is what we have now:
For finding WordPress in your language and/or installing mo files to get it
into your language, we have:
http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Localization aka redirected from
Localization, and others

For information on how to help get WordPress translated into another
language, we have: http://codex.wordpress.org/Localizing_WordPress aka
redirects from Translating WordPress, and others.

What we have are too many names for two documents, and too much similarity
in the names.

This is what I think would work better, based on the documentation that is
there, and it involves help from others more knowledgeable on the subject to
help expand these documents to help users.

1. WordPress in Your Language - Introduction and list of WordPress help,
forums, installs and themes available in which languages.
2. Installing Translation Files - Step by step instructions on how to
install installation files and customize them, if needed.
3. Translating WordPress - Step by Step instructions on how you can help
WordPress with NEW translations of the WordPress core, themes, Codex, and
setting up a WordPress support forum in your language.

I can separate them, but we need help cleaning these documents up and adding
relevant and up-dated information. There are now some plugins out there to
automatically translate WordPress posts into different languages and these
need to be included by maybe having another page on how to have your site
"be" in multiple languages.

Thanks.