[wp-xmlrpc] Updating Custom Fields Using metaWeblog.editPost

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Tue Apr 7 20:09:04 GMT 2009

Joseph - thanks for clarifying what I was talking about.

Also:

On Apr 7, 2009, at 4:04 PM, Joseph Scott wrote:

> The reason for this because you can have duplicate keys, so the id
> is required in order to uniquely identify a field.  There's nothing
> to stop you from having 25 custom fields on a post all with the same
> key name.

Do you have a sense for whether many (any?) plugins expect this kind
of scenario? In providing a service to my customers, I'm expecting to
allow them to configure named fields with the assumption that there
will be a 1-1 relationship of names and fields. I wonder if I'm
setting myself up for a customer backlash with this restriction.

I'm thinking mostly of the obvious cases for custom fields like
"mood", "music I'm listening to", etc.  Seems like if it has a name,
most customers will only expect for there to be one.

Daniel