[wp-xmlrpc] metaWeblog.getCategories, not returning struct of structs, problem?

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Fri Nov 9 04:25:30 GMT 2007

We've got a ticket from earlier this year about
metaWeblog.getCategories:

	http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3994

The complaint is that we aren't following the spec:

	http://www.xmlrpc.com/metaWeblogApi

which says that it shall return a struct of structs.  I've confirmed
that what WP does in return an array of structs, which is what the
author of the ticket wants changed.

I've not been approached by any client vendors to change this to
match the standard, indeed this ticket is the only mention that I've
seen of it.  Dougal may have some history to add to this though.

Are any of the XML-RPC vendors that work with WordPress concerned
about this?  Given the sometimes fragile of these types of things
that have been around for awhile I'm inclined to leave things they
way they are and close this ticket.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/