[wp-xmlrpc] WP 2.2.1 breaks Ruby 1.8.2

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Tue Jun 26 20:28:57 GMT 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 12:44 PM, Daniel Jalkut wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2007, at 3:35 PM, Joseph Scott wrote:
>
>> In going over the changes in the 2.2 branch for xmlrpc.php (http://
>> trac.wordpress.org/log/branches/2.2/xmlrpc.php) revision 5305 (and
>> 5514 by association) is where the problem hit.  So reverting 5305
>> in the 2.2 branch (and trunk, along with the associated 5514
>> revision) will fix the client breakage.  Does everyone agree this
>> is correct?
>
> Assuming I'm reading the diffs correctly, and understand your
> intention, this will put the source tree back to pre-2.2 behavior,
> right?
>
> That is, it will return to being a server-specific time (GMT
> adjusted for blog time-zone offset).

I've not confirmed the exact behavior of each previous release, but
yes I believe it will.

> I agree that doing this will put WP behavior back to something akin
> to what the vast majority of blogging systems do, right or wrong.
> It will incidentally also remove any bugs my users had specifically
> with WP 2.2.

Ok.  It isn't great, but if we can combined the revert with the new
solution then we should be able to make most people happy.  I'd like
to hear what Allan has to say on this as well.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/