[wp-xmlrpc] WP 2.2.1 breaks Ruby 1.8.2

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Tue Jun 26 17:04:20 GMT 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Joe Cheng wrote:

> Either that or a quorum of the blog client and server implementers
> need to band together and create a profile that removes the ambiguity
> from MetaWeblog. I personally would be happy to contribute to that
> effort if others agree it is a good idea.

I think this is a good idea and I'm for anything that will fix the
problem long-term, as long as clients are given a chance to
accommodate it. It also seems like something that all of the server
providers need to sign off on at once, or else it's not very useful.

A compromise solution that would muddy the XML namespace but would at
least allow for all parties to "win" would be to add a separate XML
attribute for clients who want the GMT time explicitly.

   <member><name>dateCreated</
name><value><dateTime.iso8601>20070623T01:22:18</dateTime.iso8601></
value></member>
   <member><name>wp_dateCreated</
name><value><dateTime.iso8601>20070623T06:22:18</dateTime.iso8601></
value></member>

This would enable WordPress to both lead by example and stay with the
rest of the pack until they catch up. And the namespace expansion
would be consistent with other WordPress extensions that are currently
being added.

(This might fall into that elusive "more ingenious solution" category
I was alluding to)

Daniel