[wp-xmlrpc] post_status

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Mon Dec 17 20:16:30 GMT 2007

On Dec 15, 2007, at 1:48 PM, Joseph Scott wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2007, at 12:04 PM, Lloyd Budd wrote:
>
>> I think there is some confusion of the terminology and the experience
>> in this discussion. Password doesn't suggest private. It suggests
>> password protected. Private is a separate property. The mutually
>> explusive states are draft/private/pending/publish/(future)

I've asked for additional info and it looks like my understanding of
post_status was way off (open mouth, insert foot).

Being able to set post_status via metaWeblog.newPost will be needed.

To be clear, private posts have nothing to do with password protected
posts.  A private post will only show up for the author of the post.
We should be able to set a status of pending review as well, just
need add some more logic to the permission/capability checks so that
mw.newPost will accept a post that has publish set to true and the
status as pending.  In that case a user with the contributor role
would have their post adjusted so that the publish bit is changed to
false.  That should allow their post to be saved with the correct
publish state and post status.

I apologize for the confusion from my earlier comments.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/