[wp-ui] First steps

Thomas Ungricht tu at tul8.de
Wed Jan 20 06:52:31 UTC 2010

On 19.01.2010, at 18:10, Jane Wells wrote:

> After people have had a day or two to introduce themselves, we'll have a better idea of how many people are actually planning to participate in this list for now, and can plan accordingly.

hi Jane and everybody,

I am Thomas from Freiburg, Germany. I have been developing and maintaining websites for grassroots-organisations, non-profits and small NGOs for the last 5 years, at first using Mac-software like WebDesign, Sandvox and the like.

Since 2 1/2 years I am changing all these sites to be WordPress based and startet to train people from the organizations to write content for and maintain the sites themselves, to make them less dependent on me and to save me from to many phone calls.

In this process I have many times wished the WP-UI was more consistent and easier comprehendible.

I am on this list to contribute suggestions here and there and mainly to test the solutions you come up with and introduce them to my trainees and report their reactions/feedback.

I am astounded and excited by the huge number of experienced designers who show up here. I look forward to a very interesting community process.

cu

     Thomas_U