[wp-ui] First steps

Chris Garrett chris at abstraktion.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 17:45:20 UTC 2010

In honesty Jane, that's a bit disappointing. There are quite a few areas of
the WP UI that would benefit from a drastic rethink and I'd imagine many
people on the list would be more than happy to take up that challenge,
myself included, is there any real reason why we're being restricted to
simply "touching up" the areas which aren't yet properly finished?

I'd imagine, given a little freedom, we'd probably see some enhancements to
the general user-experience and aesthetic of Wordpress, that reflect
everyones needs a lot more than it does at the moment.

2010/1/19 Jane Wells <jane at automattic.com>

> On Jan 19, 2010, at 12:25 PM, Michael Soriano wrote:
>
>  My name is Michael Soriano - Im a front end web developer and blogger. I'm
>> not sure how much I can contribute to redesigning the world's most popular
>> blogging platform - but I am very anxious to give it a shot.
>>

> Before anyone takes this statement and runs with it: we're not redesigning
> WordPress. We're just going to be touching up some of the screens that
> haven't been properly finished yet. The general layout and navigational
> structure is not up for redesign.

Chris Garrett, Digital Creative

Phone: 01179635700 - Mobile: 07846015009 - Email: chris at abstraktion.co.uk

* Director - Abstraktion, http://abstraktion.co.uk