[wp-ui] Woo Custom Navigation system

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Fri Feb 12 14:30:14 UTC 2010

> Or better still, can Woo's system be made to support multiple navigation
> menus? Is it something a theme can support/not support like page thumbnails.

That would be the idea, though I imagine it would to be more like
registering a widget sidebar, versus registering post thumbnail support. I
have not seen the Woo code but that is my understanding anyway, and is what
was indicated as desired when scope for 3.0 was set.

I realise this may not be the right place to ask these questions, but I
> haven't heard anything about this on the wp-hackers list (I only signed up
> in the last couple of weeks) nor have I seen anything about it anywhere
> else. And I don't have a woo theme.(I probably should buy one). Can anyone
> point me to where this is being discussed? And a timeline for its
> implementation?

It was first mentioned publicly on the wp-ui list and on Trac yesterday. It
was then discussed in the weekly dev chat on #wordpress-dev.

Woo is currently preparing a patch for core. Jane said we should anticipate
seeing the patch posted to Trac early next week, at which point it would go
through the same thorough review as any other patch, and be subject to
modifications, improvements, and a series of commits.

If you want to follow along development (in general), wp-hackers won't help.
I'd keep an eye on:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org, specifically
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11817 for menu management
http://wpdevel.wordpress.com