[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61112: Avoid re-constructing `WP_Theme_JSON` object from raw theme_json, instead use `WP_Theme_JSON` object inside `WP_Theme_JSON_data`

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 23 22:17:02 UTC 2024

#61112: Avoid re-constructing `WP_Theme_JSON` object from raw theme_json, instead
use `WP_Theme_JSON` object inside `WP_Theme_JSON_data`
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  thekt12       |       Owner:  thekt12
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by ryelle):

 * keywords:  has-patch commit =>
 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 I think this is going to cause trouble for anyone running WP trunk +
 Gutenberg— I've just updated a site and it triggered a number of `Call to
 undefined method WP_Theme_JSON_Data_Gutenberg::get_theme_json()` errors.

 That should be fixed when the corresponding GB code is updated (I see it
 was done in [https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/61262 this PR]),
 but that won't be released for another two weeks, I believe. Is there
 anything that can be done in the meantime?

 (I'm reopening this for that reason, but let me know if I should take this
 elsewhere)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61112#comment:12>