[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61269: Plugin Dependencies: Add filter to restore auto-redirect after plugin activation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 23 19:49:34 UTC 2024

#61269: Plugin Dependencies: Add filter to restore auto-redirect after plugin
activation
 Reporter:  hellofromTonya                       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by hellofromTonya):

 Replying to [comment:21 kevinwhoffman]:
 >I understand this patch will restore post-activation redirects in 6.5.X.

 Yes, but the difference is: the redirect is moved into Core and gives Core
 the control of ''when'' it triggers within the workflow.

 While in the Add Plugins UI (including its "More Details" modal), plugins
 cannot directly redirect away; rather, they register their URL and Core
 controls the redirect at a certain point in the workflow.

 > If/when the filter becomes the entry point to an onboarding framework in
 6.6+, would the ability to perform post-activation redirects be taken away
 in favor of the new workflow wherein the user decides to initiate
 onboarding? Or will plugins maintain the ability to force redirects beyond
 6.6+?

 These questions can be explored in the onboarding framework #61040.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61269#comment:22>