[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56467: Update @wordpress packages and backport changes from Gutenberg plugin into Core

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 26 09:14:17 UTC 2022

#56467: Update @wordpress packages and backport changes from Gutenberg plugin into
Core
 Reporter:  Bernhard Reiter                      |       Owner:  Bernhard
                                                 |  Reiter
     Type:  task (blessed)                       |      Status:  closed

Comment (by scruffian):

 > I would think this logic is pointless to run for classic themes without
 a theme.json

 One of the changes introduced in 6.1 is that some blocks now load their
 styles using the __experimentalStyles property in their block.json, as
 well as from their CSS file. Given that blocks and their styles are loaded
 for both classic and block themes, it is necessary for us to output these
 rules into CSS in both types of themes. Hope that makes sense!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56467#comment:411>