[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56876: WP_List_Table should prevent using dynamic properties as they are not allowed in PHP 8.2

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 14 22:57:35 UTC 2022

#56876: WP_List_Table should prevent using dynamic properties as they are not
allowed in PHP 8.2
--------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  antonvlasenko                   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by antonvlasenko):

 Replying to [comment:12 desrosj]:
 > At first, I was a +1 to include this in 6.1.1. However, this addresses
 only 1 specific class of potentially many with this issue.

 > There is a really detailed plan for addressing this laid out in #56034,
 and I think that this should be evaluated within the context of that plan.

 > It's highly preferable that all of the classes with this problem get
 fixed at the same time.

 It may be more convenient to have everything in one PR, but that PR is
 going to be pretty large (given that each class that is being fixed also
 needs unit tests).
 Discussing fixes for each class can also take a long time, delaying the
 deployment of the fix.
 So, from my point of view, it will be more convenient to release fixes
 gradually as they get approved.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56876#comment:13>