[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56955: Unable to add blocks on WP 6.1 - "+" button in editor shows up only in certain condition

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 2 11:35:14 UTC 2022

#56955: Unable to add blocks on WP 6.1 - "+" button in editor shows up only in
certain condition
 Reporter:  kacper3355    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  6.1
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hi.

 I updated to WP 6.1 on our dev site, but unfortunately, I've encountered a
 game-changing bug.

 Compared to 6.0.3, editors are unable to add new blocks via "+ button" on
 the right. **The only way to use this button is to click somewhere outside
 the editor and it will show up** – it won't show up if you add a new
 paragraph.

 I recorded a comparison between WP 6.0.3 which is working fine and WP 6.1.
 Here's the video: https://youtu.be/f3vEHjDhM1g

 And here's the video showing specifically how to make the button appear on
 WP 6.1: https://i.imgur.com/M8P31x7.mp4

 Hope it helps and the issue will soon be gone!