[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44588: Denote the Copy action is complete by updating the Copy button to state 'Copied'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 9 10:22:23 UTC 2020

#44588: Denote the Copy action is complete by updating the Copy button to state
'Copied'
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse                      |       Owner:  garrett-
                                                 |  eclipse
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by xkon):

 After checking #44621 I realized (as I had forgotten about it, sorry!)
 that the current Copy action only grabs the headings + suggested texts
 from each section.

 On the other hand, the patches introduced here ( including mine :) ) copy
 "everything" including notes from authors and explanatory texts that are
 not needed from the incoming texts from plugins.

 I tried playing around a bit with clipboard.js trying to make it copy only
 the suggested texts as needed but to no avail.

 If anyone else likes to give this a try feel free to do so, but if we
 can't make it work with clipboard.js I'd suggest leaving the functionality
 as is at the moment to only copy the "suggested text" as needed and simply
 add the "Copied!" notice.

 @garrett-eclipse would you be ok with that instead?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44588#comment:21>