[wp-testers] I botched the WP3 Beta2 upgrade

Jason Rhodes jason.matthew.rhodes at gmail.com
Fri May 21 17:11:08 UTC 2010

Daniel, you should never delete the wp-content folder. Any themes or
customizations you had in the themes folder inside wp-content won't be
recoverable. If you install fresh, everything from wordpress.org, then
restore from your db backup, you'll get your posts back in the default
Kubrick theme (or 2010 if you get the beta).

If you have your plugins and uploads saved, keep them on your machine until
you've installed wordpress again, then drop those folders into your new
wp-content folder and they'll overwrite the defaults. Then you'll have your
plugins and uploads on your new install -- you'll have to activate the
plugins, etc.

Best of luck.