[wp-testers] Plugin directory placement in WP 2.8 b1

Pamela Dingle pameladingle at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:38:43 GMT 2009

Hi guys,

I am noticing that changes have been made to the way that plugins are
detected in the plugins directory -- you cannot simply rename a plugin to
"plugin.bak" to disable, and you cannot replace the directory and expect to
have wordpress recognize it.  I also don't think you could do an SVN
checkout into that plugins directory and have the plugin show up in the
console.

Does anyone know of a place where this new behaviour is documented?  It
isn't such a big deal for initial install, as people can use the web
installer -- but it will affect any plugin maker whose current upgrade
instructions involve replacing the plugin directory with the new version.

Thanks for your help,

Pamela