[wp-testers] The Big Design Debate

Joshua Hart jahshuah at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 03:05:00 GMT 2008

I think we're underestimating the cognitive faculties of WordPress users.
 The new design is not such a departure from the original that most users
can't figure out how to make things happen.  The absence of an "Edit" link
won't necessarily slow people down.  The new design seems to have stripped
away enough of the interface elements to allow the user to maximize their
workflow without being distracted by other options/clickable stuff on the
screen.  I've used WordPress before - many versions of it - and I'm quite
happy with the new design.  I'd like to think that WordPress users the world
over are generally intelligent people and will learn to get on with the new
design, manage their blogs/sites with the same amount of ease, and perhaps
even notice a boost in workflow/performance with the new changes.
Think on what this design is all about -- getting things done with the admin
interface.  WordPress is a means to an end; a tool for the job at hand.  I
like to think that I'm not alone when I say that the devs have done a great
job with keeping this goal in mind and producing a very well designed
product.

-Josh