[wp-testers] Having "script" enabled browser-dumb question

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 23:51:27 GMT 2008

Please excuse the rather dumb question but since I use a local blog
editor for 95% of my posting, does 2.5's TinyMCE absolutely require Java
script to be enabled in a given browser in order to function? The only
reason I ask is that in checking out someone else's "bug" I disabled
scripting in Firefox 3 (trunk-RC builds)  and after the page was
reloaded (Write Post) Tags, Categories, the Toolbar and the the "Add
Media" bar were among the missing plus the ability to switch from
"Visual" to "HTML" was gone (stuck on the Visual tab).

I always run with scripting enabled no matter what the browser so this
is the first time I've seen any version of TinyMCE with scripting turned
off. Again, I apologize if this is the way it's always been. Just curious.