[wp-testers] Cannot get a post to Publish when I use the "Insert/edit embedded media" tool on the visual tool bar

MichaelH justmichaelh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:38:24 GMT 2008

Using 2.5-RC3 (R7561)  on both a Xampp and a shared hosting environment.

For the life of me, I cannot get a post to Publish when I use the
"Insert/edit embedded media" tool on the visual tool bar.  When I try to
Publish I get the "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page"
question.

In the media popup window I'm changing the type to "Shockwave" and pasting
the URL [1] into the File/URL field.  It shows the video in the Preview. I
click on insert, but clicking Publish causes the "Are you sure you want to
navigate...." warning.

I can paste the URL [1] into a post in HTML mode and it works just fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

MichaelH

[1]
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SmndwrRkxw&hl=en"></param><param
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SmndwrRkxw&hl=en"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425"
height="355"></embed></object>