[wp-testers] for clarification

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Mar 28 15:16:59 GMT 2008

Dawnne Gee wrote:
> Coding for the 10% (the ones with 90% of the loyalty and emotional
> investment) is extremely important. That 10% are typically the voluntary
> evangelists, recruiters, troubleshooters, and support technicians. As such,
> the pleasure/confidence/loyalty of the 90% tends to be directly drawn from
> the pleasure/confidence/loyalty of the 10%.

This is a wonderfully written email, and I would particularly agree with
this point. Historically in WP that 10% has also been the group most
willing to write or install plugins to tweak their experience to be
completely custom. 2.5, like every release before it, adds a number of
hooks and has cleaned up a lot of the admin code to make this easier,
and if you look at the Fluency admin plugin someone has already released
you can see the extent of what's possible. (And it was done in a few
days, before 2.5 was even released.)

http://deanjrobinson.com/projects/fluency-admin/

--
Matt Mullenweg