[wp-testers] Thumbnail links

Mark Styles wp-testers at lambic.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 14:26:22 GMT 2008

I upgraded my wifes blog to 2.5RC2 so she could play with the image
management (she makes cards so her blog is all images).

When adding a single image to a post, she wants the link from the
thumbnail to go direct to the large version of the image. So we added
the image as Medium size, with the Link URL set to the File URL. All
looks fine in the post editor, but when it's published the link has
changed to the Post URL, so a second click is required to get to the
full size image.

In the HTML editor, it looks like this before the save:

href="http://lambic.co.uk/stylesink/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/img_1937-1.jpg"

And like this after the save:

href="http://lambic.co.uk/stylesink/2008/03/28/dcm-the-flowers-that-bloom-in-the-spring-tra-la/img_1937-1/"

--