[wp-testers] Center

Mark Styles wp-testers at lambic.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 13:15:23 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 04:50:49PM -0700, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Les Bessant wrote:
> >But the change to the write page makes
> >no sense to me, and as you've seen from the comments here, I'm not alone.
>
> Of course you're not alone, and one of the hardest things from release
> to release is giving fair weighting the people savvy enough to
> contribute to the development discussion directly, as you are, and those
> whose voices we never hear.

That's a very good point. I maintain a blog for a local club, the
members of which are not technologically savvy. They stay quiet most of
the time, but when I approach people and ask for feedback on the site,
the biggest complaint I've had is that the Write Post page is too busy,
or too complicated. I have a feeling when those users see the 2.5
interface they will be much happier.

This new version is pandering to the average joe user who just wants to
write stuff to the detriment of geeks like us, but sometimes we have to
take a back seat.

--
Mark
http://www.lambic.co.uk